
I was at home the other day….waiting for the Yankees to lose…again. The moment they were mathematically eliminated there was a force beyond my control that urged me to go to the mailbox. Not understanding anything….I followed. I reached into the mailbox and saw a large manila envelope addressed to
Kory Carling
Kory Carling
Author and creator of My Idaho Paradise blog
(my address of course, which I have omitted due to security reasons)
With giddiness that only I can show, I carefully unwrapped the envelope, being careful not to tear anything just in case I wanted to use the manila envelope for my scrapbook or something later. What I found inside astonished me beyond anything I had ever seen. An invitation unlike any other. It read as follows:
Dearest Kory,
I have appreciated all of the kindness that you have shown to me and my associates during this past year. In thanks, I am having a celebration. A celebration that has been reserved for a select few. You Kory, are one of those few. Many people know of the struggles I had as manager of the Yankees this year, and without the help from several prominent figures in the sports world, I wouldn’t have made it through. So, I am saying thank you to all of my most loyal….and favorite fans. Please join us for a celebration of life, love, and friendship.
Sincerely,
Joe Girardi
P.S.
Prominent invitees of this celebration include
Mike Kryzewski
Lance Bass
Clay Aiken
Ellen
Derek Jeter
Jim Leyritz
Lindsey Lohan
We hope that your presence will be felt at this monumental event, and a gift bag will be given as a token of our appreciation for your unwavering love for those of us with alternative lifestyles in sports.
NOTE: It also contained the address, date, and time for the party, but if you think I am sharing it with you haters, get lost.
You can believe that I am going to this party, and you everyone is jealous. Deal with it.



5 comments:
One big 'coming out' party. Good luck with that, Mrs. C.
thats not right. rosie was left out?
I am pretty sure Rosie was invited....and JRod BNut was her escort.
Kory must have just omitted her to avoid embarrasing JRod.
Just when I thought you couldn't get any gayer...
WoW!!! I have almost started thinking of Not liking the Yankees anymore...Oh by the Way Great Job YANKEE Management for making the team better and sending Joe to LA!!!MMMMMMMM NOT!!!! IDIOTS!!!!
Post a Comment